POCHE Indigenous Health Centres
Find a POCHE Centre
New South Wales
The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health – Sydney University
About POCHE New South Wales
The Poche Centre at the University of Sydney focuses on evidence to practice. We use a combination of Commonwealth, State and philanthropic funds to partner with community organisations to:
- provide specialist services for Aboriginal people including cardiology, ENT, dermatology, neurology, endocrinology, dentistry, nursing, and allied health;
- build and support education and career pathways for Aboriginal people;
- develop opportunities for students and graduates to participate in Aboriginal health service delivery and health promotion, and build cultural competence; and
- develop and sustain collaborative evidence to practice research.
- Our areas of focus are : healthy teeth, healthy kids, healthy hearts.
Our research is highly applied and we are committed to ensuring the research process is always in collaboration with Aboriginal people, communities and organisations.