POCHE Indigenous Health Centres
Find a POCHE Centre
The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health –
About POCHE South Australia
The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, Adelaide, was established in January 2010 within the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Flinders University.
It is a sister centre to the Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, Alice Springs.
What do we want to do?
- Build the health workforce participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
- Strengthen the capability of both Indigenous and Non-Indigenous components of the Indigenous health workforce
- Increase Indigenous researcher capacity
- Innovate in, and Indigenise, Indigenous mental health and well-being research
- Further a decolonising scholarship based on Indigenous knowledge and perspectives
- Advocate for social justice, and
- Through all the above, contribute significantly to improved Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, particularly to stronger social, spiritual and emotional well-being.